- Several NCEL members received the prestigious Hong Kong PhD Fellowship. If you are interested in joining NCEL with HKPF, please contact us with your CV and transcript.
- NCEL is a world-leading research group on the economic and game theoretical analysis and design of modern networking systems (overview slides).
- NCEL members won Best Paper Awards from IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, WiOpt, SmartGridComm, GLOBECOM, WiCon, and APCC.
- NCEL research on TV white space economics received press release from CUHK (here and here) and several local news agencies (such as Wenweipo, Oriental Daily, Phonix, Sohu, Sina, China Daily).
- Seven NCEL alumni became faculty members in leading Asian universities, including Harbin Institute of Technology (Shenzhen), ShanghaiTech University, Singapore University of Technology and Design, South China University of Technology, Sun Yat-Sen University, Tsinghua University, and University of Macau.
- My books (click images for details).
- My half-day tutorials (click images for details).
Education and Experiences
- Associate Professor, Department of Information Engineering, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2013 - now
- Assistant Professor, Department of Information Engineering, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2007 - 2013
- Postdoc Research Associate, Department of Electrical Engineering, Princeton University, 2005-2007
- M.S. and Ph.D., Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Northwestern University, 2001-2005
- Bachelor, Department of Radio Engineering, Southeast University, 1996-2000
Research Awards (Google Scholar Profile, ResearcherID Profile)
- IEEE Fellow, Class of 2016 (at the age of 37, one of the youngest IEEE Fellows elevated in 2016 worldwide)
- IEEE Communications Society Distinguished Lecturer, 2015 - 2016
- CUHK Young Researcher Award, 2014
- IEEE Marconi Prize Paper Award in Wireless Communications, 2011
- IEEE WiOpt Best Student Paper Award, 2015
- IEEE WiOPT Best Paper Award, 2014 (CUHK Press Release in Engish and Chinese)
- IEEE WiOPT Best Paper Award, 2013 (coverage in the IEEE Communications Technology News)
- IEEE SmartGridComm Best Paper Award, 2012
- Wireless Internet Conference Best Paper Award, 2011
- IEEE GLOBECOM Best Paper Award, 2010
- Asia-Pacific Conference on Communication Best Paper Award, 2009
- IEEE ComSoc Asia-Pacific Outstanding Young Researcher Award, 2009
- Best Readings of Economics of Cognitive Radio Networks
- Six ESI Highly Cited Papers
News (and more)