Director, Network Communications and Economics Labs (NCEL)
Director, Master of Science Program
Department of Information Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
IEEE Communications Society Distinguished Lecturer
Clarivate Analytics Highly Cited Researcher in Computer Science
Editor, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking
Editor, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing
Editor, IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering
Editor, IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking
Chair, IEEE Communications Society Technical Committee on Cognitive Networks (TCCN)
Email: jwhuang [at] ie dot cuhk dot edu dot hk
Office: Ho Sin-Hang Engineering Building Room 718, CUHK (Directions)
My Profiles: Google Scholar, ResearcherID, DBLP, LinkedIn, Twitter
NCEL WeChat Public Account: ncel_cuhk (QR code)
- Students interested in pursuing a PhD degree in our group can take a look at our overview slides, representative publications, WeChat public account, and admission requirement.
- NCEL members won Best Paper Awards from IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, WiOpt, SmartGridComm, GLOBECOM, WiCon, and APCC.
- NCEL research on TV white space economics received press release from CUHK (here and here) and news agencies (such as Wenweipo, Oriental Daily, Phonix, Sohu, Sina, China Daily, ComputerWorld, and Sing Tao Daily).
- NCEL research on Wi-Fi Economics received press release from CUHK and news agencies (such as Apple Daily, Computer World, Sing Tao Daily, Ta Kung Pao, Telecom Asia, Wen Wei Po, and Xinhua News Agency).
- NCEL alumni became faculty members in leading Asian universities, including Harbin Institute of Technology (Shenzhen), ShanghaiTech University, Singapore University of Technology and Design, South China University of Technology, Sun Yat-Sen University, Tsinghua University, and University of Macau.
- We provide the Hong Kong solar and wind energy generation data to the research community.
- My books (click images for details). If you are interested in teaching (or learning) network economics following the book of "Wireless Network Pricing", you can find related slides, papers, tutorials, and course materials here.
- My half-day tutorials (click images for details). The tutorial on "How Do We Play Games" has been translated into Chinese by NetEase Open Course.
- Professor, Department of Information Engineering, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2017 -
- Associate Professor, Department of Information Engineering, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2013 - 2017
- Assistant Professor, Department of Information Engineering, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2007 - 2013
- Postdoc Research Associate, Department of Electrical Engineering, Princeton University, 2005 - 2007
- Ph.D., Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Northwestern University, 2005
- Master, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Northwestern University, 2003
- Bachelor, Department of Radio Engineering, Southeast University, 2000
- IEEE Fellow, 2016
- Clarivate Analytics Highly Cited Researcher in Computer Science, 2016 & 2017
- IEEE Communications Society Distinguished Lecturer, 2015-2018
- Shanghai Thousand Talents Expert Award (Short-Term), 2015 – 2018
- CUHK Young Researcher Award, 2014
- IEEE Marconi Prize Paper Award in Wireless Communications, 2011
- IEEE Communications Society Young Professional Best Paper Award (as the advisor), 2017
- IEEE INFOCOM Best Paper Award Finalist, 2016
- IEEE WiOpt Best Student Paper Award (as the advisor), 2015
- IEEE WiOPT Best Paper Award, 2014 (CUHK Press Release in Engish and Chinese)
- IEEE WiOPT Best Paper Award, 2013 (coverage in the IEEE Communications Technology News)
- IEEE SmartGridComm Best Paper Award, 2012
- Wireless Internet Conference Best Paper Award, 2011
- IEEE GLOBECOM Best Paper Award, 2010
- Asia-Pacific Conference on Communication Best Paper Award, 2009
- IEEE ComSoc Asia-Pacific Outstanding Young Researcher Award, 2009
- Best Readings of Economics of Cognitive Radio Networks
- [New] Lead Guest Editor of IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, Special Issue on "Economics of Modern Networks". Extended (hard) submission deadline October 1, 2018.
- Deliver an invited talk on "Economic Thinking of Communication Networks" in IEEE ICCC in Beijing.
- Meng Zhang and Zhiyuan Wang received the support of CUHK Global Scholarship For Research Excellence for their 6-month exchange visit at Princeton University and Yale University.
- Deliver 7 IEEE ComSoc Distinguished Lectures in University of Southern California, University of Texas at Dallas, University of Victoria, University of British Columbia, Northwestern University, University of California Berkeley, and IEEE ComSoc San Francisco Chapter.
- Three papers accepted by ACM Mobihoc 2018 (acceptance rate 17%).
- Serve as Guest Professor of School of Information Science and Engineering of Southeast University.
- Serve as an Editor of IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing.
- Call for contributions to Wiley's new book on "Fog and Fognomics". Deadline: Jan. 2015, 2018.
Alumni News (Complete Alumni Information)